Tuesday, 6 April 2010

Andy Warhol

I want to merge the styles of three artists in my artefact so it will be unique, one of these artists is Andy Warhol.
Andy Warhol was born on August 6th 1928 in America and is famous for being a painter, print maker and filmmaker but mostly famous for his distinctive screen prints and many people saw him as a leader in the type of art named, Pop Art.
Andy Warhol's pop art paintings and screen prints are very colourful and fun and that's the aspect I want to bring to my artefact, I want people to look at my artefact and not only find it very interesting to view but also very attractive and enjoyable to view as well.
I have a number of favourite screen prints that Andy Warhol made, one of them is of Queen Elizabeth II:




The main reason why i like this image is because the use of colours make the screen print very attractive and even though the background is very simple, I see this as a good thing because it automatically makes the queen stand out and it's not too simple but not too complicated either.
The piece of the screen print that I like the most is the Queen's tiara, the white contrasts against the deep red background and I find myself drawn to it and looking at the little features that it has.

I am really inspired by this because I want my artefact to look like this, I would like the image of me to be on top of a collage of different things that resemble my identity, I want the image of me to be bright and colourful like this painting.

Here are other 'Pop Arts' that Andy Warhol made:

No comments: